Saturday, August 2, 2008

Discharged in 15 minutes

... As I got out of the taxi, I walked slowly towards the door. I was expecting a great amount of words from my mom or dad about the late come in. I entered the door and found my parents weren't at the living room. I started towards the stairs and went straight to their room. I saw my mother standing up and my father was lying down. I greeted them both with a kiss planted on their cheek. I walked away from them and towards my room. I took out my shoes and put my bag in a corner. I sat down for a moment and turned on the laptop. To show that I was, indeed, present in this household, I went down and tried to solve the puzzle of the installation of a game my mother is dying to play. She went down and told me to look for a book that included first aid for high blood pressure. and I, worried scared, started to the book shelf and read titles of the books. There was nothing about first aid. I scurried towards the computer and searched for anything that included first aid in the internet. There was nothing that was helpful. All it showed me were things that would be done when in the hospital alone. Then my father went down. He was all red and he was holding his wallet, ready to leave. My mother hurried up to their room and changed. I hurried to my room and got my cell phones. I group messaged my close friends about my father and told them to pray for him. We all hurried to the car and my mother drove us to the hospital.

The first one to reply to the group message was Kuya Nigel then Kuai then Leichan and finally, Ahia.

As we arrived at the hospital, my father and I got out first so that I could accompany him first and foremost to the emergency room. My mother parked the car and followed us in. I was praying like crazy and the prayer started back while we were still on our way to the hospital. As my dad lied down on the bed, my mom sat on the bedside, I sang Tanging Yaman. As the lyrics to the song flutter out of my mouth, I was near to crying but I chose not to let the tears fall until I heard what really was wrong. We waited for a doctor. When the doctor came, he asked my father what happened and so he answered. The doctor finally said, "I think this is an allergic reaction." A sigh of relief came out as I exhaled. The doctor prescribed medicine and after he would lose his redness, we would be able to go home. So my mother went to the pharmacy and bought my father's medicines. 15 minutes after the intake of his medicines, he was discharged and we went home.

The story includes this, of course. The highlight of the night. I never knew that everything was falling through. Kuya Nigel asked me earlier if I had already arrived at the hospital. I said yes. He replied that he was there too. I was shocked. I had not expected that a friend would automatically come over for support. It was beyond any friend has ever done. Beyond all the 'take cares' and the 'God bless'.. It was so much more. Kuai asked me if it was okay with me that he and two other friends come by. I told him that we would be discharged in 15 minutes.

1 hour at the hospital, 1 hour of prayers. And four friends who meant a lot has shown more than enough what I had needed to see. I didn't even know that it was what I wanted proof of. and so, I am ever so grateful to Kuya Nigel, Kuai, Leichan and Ahia. God bless you four always. Take care of yourselves. And never forget, that in your time of need, I, too, will be there... AUTOMATICALLY.

No comments: